Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sleep

I went on a women's retreat this past weekend. I initially was very excited about this for a very strange reason. According to Lynda-Logic, "Retreat" was synonymous with "Get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep". (Just to clarify, my son is sleeping through the night, but he hasn't yet learned to stick the paci back into his mouth AND we still haven't trained the dog to let herself out to go potty. There is nothing better than being woken up at 3am to "pant-pant-pant")

Isn't that sad? Looking forward to sleep...not the content or the girls I was going with, but the sleep. (BTW, the retreat was EXCELLENT!) I will share some of my thoughts on that at another time.

Anyway, in all my foolishness, I neglected to remember that I was going on a ladies retreat with LADIES!!! Ladies = Talking. So my 8 hours turned into 5 hours. But it was uninterrupted. And I wouldn't trade the time I spent chatting with my roommates or the other ladies for 3 more hours of sleep.

To top it off, when I got home Saturday, I had to deal with the depressing fact that Daylight Savings Time was starting. YIKES! I really hate it when my sleep is taken from me. Sleeping, Showering, Naptime. Gotta love those.

No comments: